[Zope] SQL Question - GUF related

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:19:28 +1100 (EST)

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, James W. Howe wrote:

> expected results.  I tried to change the userList method defined for my
> GenericUserFolder to use these results.  Basically I do the following:
>
> <dtml-return "getUserList()">

I think this should work, provided the column that contains the username
is called 'uname' or 'username'.

Make sure you grant the DTML method a proxy role (eg. Manager) so
it can access the ZSQL method.

In this particular case, it is actually possible to just call your
ZSQL method userList and it will all work. This trick only works
on the userList hook however as it isn't called with parameters.

> access a DTMLMethod.  Another thing, if I try to "view" my userList method
> when it references the SQLMethod, I get a resource not found error, but
> when I view the method when it references a DTMLMethod, I get the two

Don't know whats going on here. The traceback that occurs when you
choose the 'view' tab on your userList method is needed to debug this.

--
 ___
   //     Zen (alias Stuart Bishop)     Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au