[Zope] Example of zope+mysql

Matt Goodall mgg@isotek.co.uk
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 15:00:47 +0000

Marc Danai wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I am new to zope and I am wondering if there are
> some
> example (links) about interaction between zope and
> mysql? How to to do this?

It's fairly simple. If you've got a working MySQL and Zope installation
then download and install the ZMySQLDA product from www.zope.org. You'll
need to restart Zope once ZMySQLDA is installed.

Using the Zope management interface create a new "Z MySQL Database
Connection" somewhere. Give it a sensible id and give it the name of
your database in the "Database Connection Stirng" field. If you want to
try things out then use the "test" database which is installed be
default with MySQL.

Once that's done just follow the ZSQL guide about how to create and use
"Z SQL Method" objects. Basically, they're SQL queries that act on a
database connection.

Hope this helps, Matt.

--
Matt Goodall             |  Isotek Electronics Ltd
email: mgg@isotek.co.uk  |  Claro House, Servia Road