[Zope] line continuation

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 12:08:56 -0600

Jim Sanford <jsanford@atinucleus.com> wrote:

> Is there any kind of line continuation character in DTML that could be used
> to prevent a method from returning line breaks?
>
> I have some methods that use a series of DTML tags to do something and
> currently I must put everything on 1 line to keep from
> getting unwanted line break characters in the rendered method output?

I usually just take advantage of the fact that the <dtml-foobar ...> tags are
consumed by the DTML parser::

  <ul>
  <dtml-in "objectValues( 'Folder' )"  # no line break inside a DTML tag
  ><li> <a href="&dtml-id;"> <dtml-var id> </a> </li>
  </dtml-in></ul>

(Note that the "comment" will break -- DTML doesn't know from "#" as a comment
character).

Tres.
Tres Seaver         tseaver@palladion.com    713-523-6582
Palladion Software  http://www.palladion.com