[Zope] NEWBIE: DTML Appending string and passing in REQUEST?

Chip Vanek chip@upcast.com
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 16:18:57 -0800

Hi,,

Really simple question that I just cannot figure out.

I want to append items together and pass as form item to
another method in REQUEST.

Well I can create an empty string in REQUEST with
   <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('list', [])">

I can then iterate and fill the list fine.
   <dtml-call "list.insert(0, id)">

Then I want the results of the list in one variable
in another method.  i.e.:  I have a list
 ['item1','item2','last item'] and I want a string like
  "item1/item2/last item".

I know I can iterate through the list with dtml-in but what
is the right join syntax?

   <dtml-call  _.string.join(list,' ')> doesn't get me anywere.

Thanks for your help

Chip