[Zope] dtml-in question

Marcus Collins mcollins@sunesi.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:36:53 +0200

The "nnn" in "count-nnn" is the name of the variable you want to count.

So, if your ArchiveCatalog list contains variables named "foo" and "bar",
then "count-foo" will return the number of non-missing (not null) "foo"
values, and "count-bar" will return the number of non-missing "bar" values.

You can find out more in section 8.3 of the DTML guide, which you can browse
online at http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Guides/DTML-HTML/DTML.8.3.html

hth,

-- Marcus

[...snip]

> I tried using your suggestion and I got 0 for the number of results
> found.  In fact, 3 results were found and displayed.  My loop looks
> basically like this:
>
> <dtml-in ArchiveCatalog size=numRecsShow start=qs>
>        <dtml-if sequence-start>
>           <dtml-var count-nnn> documents found matching your
> query: ...
>        </dtml-if>
>        [...]
> </dtml-in>