[Zope] Why does Zope insert a <BASE > tag?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:40:15 +0000

Hi,

I was wondering why Zope inserts a <BASE HREF="..."> tag into each page?
Is there any way you can change what it inserts?
The reason I ask it's currently putting in the wrong thing.

Here's the situation:
We have several sites on one Zope installation, set up as follows:
zope.nipltd.com/project1
zope.nipltd.com/project2
zope.nipltd.com/project3
...etc...

These are also served up through Apache as follows:
www.project1.com
www.project2.com
...etc...

Now in this second case, the base tag inserted is something like:
<base href="http://www.project1.com/project1/">
which is wrong and is causing things to break...

How can I go about correcting/removing this base tag?

cheers,

Chris