[Zope] Re: RenderableZClass

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 14:41:10 -0600

Lalo Martins wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 10:55:48AM -0600, Tres Seaver wrote:
> >
> > I don't know whether to introduce the dependency on Lalo's product, but this
> > workaround should solve your problem.
>
> You don't need to subclass Renderable for a python-based class;
> I designed it for ZClasses. If your class is python-based, then
> it's already ``renderable'' - all you have to do is provide a
> __str__ method.

STX_Document _is_ a ZClass-based product -- almost the simplest possible one.  I
experimented with morphin it to derive from Renderable in order to allow
instances of STX_Document to be used as the index_html of a folder.

I am beginning to think we need to persuade DC to fold your Renderable change
into _ZClass_for_Object, or whatever it is called.

Tres.
Tres Seaver         tseaver@palladion.com    713-523-6582
Palladion Software  http://www.palladion.com