[Zope] zope on shared disk

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 06:00:04 -0500

I don't know about Samba, but Jim Fulton warns against _accessing_
Data.fs over NFS. It is a surefire way of corrupting it.

About sharing the Data.fs between multiple Zope processes: Don't do it,
it doesn't work. The Data.fs file is locked by the Zope process using it
for a reason.

For load balancing like this yuo will have to go with either ZEO, or
some form of XML-RPC based load balancing (ie. write your own).

--
Martijn Pieters, Software Engineer
http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8A32149