[Zope] ZDiscussions ... how to install ?

Petru Paler ppetru@coltronix.com
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 22:41:45 +0200

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 03:16:08PM -0500, Darcy Clark wrote:
> I downloaded ZDiscussions 0.2.0 and installed everything as per
> instructions - as per instructions I also read the included readme's
> with the package. Unfortunately, I still don't grasp exactly how to use
> ZDiscussions....I got Confera to work....I can add both from my Add
> menu, but only Confera supplies something that is renderable. Adding a
> "ZDiscussion" seems to add a folder but no obvious hints on exactly what
> happens next are apparent. I have a sneaking suspicion that are we
> supposed to generate our own methods to render the ZDiscussion content....?

   Yes. It should generate them by default if you check the box on the add
form but it's not implemented. Go to the 'regenerate methods' tab and click
the button.
   Due to lack of time at Digicool, ZDiscussions seem to be highly unmaintained
:( I sent some patches to Mike Pelletier, but..

-Petru