[Zope] https://zope/manage

ethan mindlace fremen mindlace@imeme.net
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 21:16:16 +0000

Zopistas,

I'm trying to get all the manage pages to be secure through Roxen.  I
have implemented a rewrite rule ( ^/(.*)manage(.*)
https://foo.net/$1manage$2 ) that will, for example, secure
*/manage_main.  However, all the links are http:// instead of https://,
so with one click you're insecure again.

It would seem that something like the Access Rule + Site Root would be
appropriate.  Indeed, if I use a Access Rule with a base of
https://foo.net, the manage pages do indeed work securely. However, then
*everything* including the public pages are rendered securely, which is
overhead I'd rather avoid.

Basically, I need to alter generated url's based on a regexp, not a
prefix.  Alternatively, I need to alter all the management code so it
generates https:// links instead of http:// links.

(and whatever method I use has to work for many SiteRoots, i.e. many
virtual hosts)

I've been poking around in both SiteAccess and lib/python/App/Management
to see what I could modify, but have thus far come up dry.  If someone
could point me to where/what I should be doing, it would be much
appreciated.

Thanks,

Ethan Fremen
http://mindlace.net