[Zope] worldpilot INBOX error

Jo Meder jo@delorges.in-berlin.de
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 23:00:42 +0100

On Sun, Feb 20, 2000 at 08:49:08PM MET
> I'm using UW IMAP
> on Linux (RH6.1 2.2.14).  It does authorize my username though, as I have
> access to everything else in worldpilot.  And sometimes, it will work but will
> hang for quite awhile, when it does come back with mail it only shows my
> unread mail, everything else has no subject or sender, and is dated at 1969.
> This only happens after I get the error message below and click on 'Inbox'
> again.

Chances are, that the request to "LIST *" in directory "" that
imaplib issues cause your imapd to begin scanning your whole home
directory which can be a lot of data, as we all know.

I worked around this problem by creating /etc/c-client.cf with the
following contents (the first line is required by imapd, otherwise
the file is not accepted):

I accept the risk for IMAP toolkit 4.1.
set black-box-directory /var/spool/imap_folderlinks/

I then created /var/spool/imap_folderlinks and symlinked the
directory in which my mailbox folders reside to
/var/spool/imap_folderlinks/jo

Repeat for all users on the system and set permissions appropriately.

	Jo.