[Zope] Re: BannerSystem

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 17:23:13 -0700

(Cc'd to the Zope list for archival purposes ;)

Alexander Limi wrote:

> > You need the Renderable Product by Lalo:
> > http://www.zope.org/Members/lalo
>
> OK, it will install now. I've created an Ad Manager, and added a banner-ad.
> when I want to show it I try <dtml-var hbanner>, but I get the following:
>
> Error Type: TypeError
> Error Value: too many arguments; expected 1, got 3
>
> ...plus an ugly traceback.
>
> The documentation doesn't tell me how to use this object. Can you? :)
>
> Alexander.

The documentation on-line is the most up-todate information. It actaully
deals with this issue.

It seems that when called <dtml-var hbanner> it will barf like this.
If you call it like this: <dtml-var "hbanner.get_banner()">
it works fine.

In future versions, I anticipate eliminating the requirement for
Renderable, along with a fix for this.

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.