[Zope] https://zope/manage

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 18:36:10 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: ethan mindlace fremen <mindlace@imeme.net>
> I'm trying to get all the manage pages to be secure through Roxen.  I
> have implemented a rewrite rule ( ^/(.*)manage(.*)
> https://foo.net/$1manage$2 ) that will, for example, secure
> */manage_main.  However, all the links are http:// instead of https://,
> so with one click you're insecure again.
>
> It would seem that something like the Access Rule + Site Root would be
> appropriate.  Indeed, if I use a Access Rule with a base of
> https://foo.net, the manage pages do indeed work securely. However, then
> *everything* including the public pages are rendered securely, which is
> overhead I'd rather avoid.

I'm assuming that you meant a SiteRoot , not an Access Rule.  If that works
pretty much the way you wanted, you should be able to get the rest by making
the Base dynamic.  Just leave the Base blank on your SiteRoots, and have the
rewrite rule add environment variable SiteRootBASE=https://foo.net when it
rewrites a .*manage.* URL.

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am & digicool