[Zope] medusa and RESPONSE.redirects

Dr. Ross Lazarus rossl@med.usyd.edu.au
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 22:13:20 +1100

I guess like me, many people are using methods which are "terminated"
logically with a call to RESPONSE.redirect - this is what the prototype
ZClass add function does for example.

I never thought about it before, but checking some debug.log output, I
found complaints about requests not ending which I immediately
recognised as being methods which use redirects to avoid the "saved,
click here to continue" type of unpleasant user experience.....

Does zope's server mind the fact that potentially large numbers of
transactions of this type (which appear not to end) might accumulate
under load ? Might this induce any instability or resource leakage ?