[Zope] Help with etcUser Folder

Joseph Santaniello jsantaniello@westlakefinancial.com
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 00:04:38 +0000

Hi,

I'm running RedHat 6.1 with neither shadow, nor MD5 passwords, and I
can't get the etcUserFolder product to work. I try creating an etcUser
folder, I specify the /etc/passwd file and then it creates successfully,
but no users are shown, and after specifying security levels on some
other object to test it, the authentication doesn't work. It just keeps
popping up the password dialog until 3 tries, and then gives an
authentication error. Normal User Folders work fine. The Readme says
that the cryptmodule.so might not work so I replaced it with the
cryptmodule.so from my Python installation. Still no-go.

Any suggestions on what I should try next?

Thanks,

joe