[Zope] NEWBIE QUESTION ZmySQLdb

CURTIS David David.Curtis@state.or.us
22 Feb 2000 12:45:37 -0800

Gentlepeople:
Can anyone please help solve my problem:  I have re-insalled ReHat to make sure that this is not the problem

I get the following error when I try to the command "
python buld.py"

Trace back (innermost last):
File "build.py", line14 in ?
import MySQLdb
File MysqlDB, line 19 in ?
from _mysql import *
Import error : libmysqlclient.so.6
cannont open shared object file: NO SUCH  FILE OR DIRECTORY.

*-- BREAK---
I have chaned the Setup.in file to read thusly:
_mysql _mysqlmodule.c -L /usr/local/lib/mysql
-I/usr/local/include/mysql -lmysqlclient

Also these file do appear to be in the directory.  Why does it not complile?

COMPONENTS:
After installaing ReHat 6.1 and MySQL 3.22.32 I find that it is difficult to connect the two together.  I have downloaded the
ZMYSQLDA-1.1.3=nonbin.tar.gz and the ZMySQLdb-0.1.-0
and ZMySQLdb-0.1.2.  I made sure that I used source code for both Zope and MySQL.  The problem I am having is when I try to install the ZMySQLdb part.  Using the  both installation nstructions
PROBLEM:
-