[Zope] id problems in product I'm creating

auto44082@hushmail.com auto44082@hushmail.com
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 16:08:29 -0800 (PST)

I'm trying to create a product which is a derivative of the DTML document.
Things seem to work OK, I go into the product management screen, add my
product, then add a zclass to my products which inherits the DTML document
class. So far so good. Then I go in and add my custom ICON, and go to the
root folder to try it out.

The problem is that when I add a new instance of my product, I am prompted
for an ID, and the product is added, but Nothing in this new product which
access or uses the id variable works. When you click on the new DTML derived
object, you do indeed get the edit screen (looks just like the one for a
DTML doc), but the id field at the top is blank. Furthermore, when you browse
to this new object. The standard view containing a standard header,footer
and a sentence stating the ID of the document is wrong. The ID is blank.
the DTML tag , <dtml-var id> yeilds nothing.

But I can't find anything wrong in my product's add form method, or the
add constructor method.

Any Ideas?  Thanks for any help as I'm farely new to this whole Zope thing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  If you are not using HushMail, this message could have been read easily by the many people who have access to your open personal email messages.