[Zope] batch processing question

Sam Gendler sgendler@impossible.com
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 17:13:07 -0800

I am trying to set up a batch processed page, using the results from a
SQL query.  The client would like the links to the next and lprevious
batches to be listed as the first letter of one of the fields in the
recordset that is returned by the query.  There is
next-sequence-start-letter, which seems to put the first character of an
entry in a list, which probably wouldn't work since the recordset is not
a simple list of strings.  There is also
next-sequence-start-var-<fieldname>, which will list the entry based on
the whole word (which in our case might be up to 100 characters long,
unacceptable).  Actually, it just occured to me that I can use the
next-sequence-start-var-<fieldname> syntax with a size=1 to simulate the
behaviour, but I am still wondering whether there is a better way to do
this.

--sam

--
Sam Gendler