[Zope] For loops in dtml

Jeff K. Hoffman jeff.hoffman@goingv.com
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 14:06:54 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, J C Lawrence wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2000 13:50:37 -0500 (EST)
> Jeff K Hoffman <jeff.hoffman@goingv.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, J C Lawrence wrote:

> >> dtml: ...various looping constructs...
> >>
> >> Basically you end up using an external method, not DTML.
>
> > Ummm, why?
>
> If you happen to know the compleat set of loop values prior to
> entering the loop, then yes, you can use various sorts of range(),
> or dtml-in over a list value to do it.  However, that's not the
> general case of a loop (which contains a conditional as he showed),
> and DTML just doesn't attempt to handle looping constructs where the
> loop termination conditions are determined during the execution of
> the loop.

Ok, fair enough. I thought the implication was that ALL looping should be
done in External Methods, which is simply not true.

--Jeff

---
Jeff K. Hoffman                                         704.849.0731 x108
Chief Technology Officer                                mailto:jeff@goingv.com
Going Virtual, L.L.C.                                   http://www.goingv.com/