[Zope] urgent UserDB question

Sam Gendler sgendler@impossible.com
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 20:55:16 -0800

Has anyone seen the following behaviour?

If I set the UserDb to be in cookie mode and I access a page that I am
unauthorized to view, I get the docLogin page.  The docLogin page has a
built in html header, and when it gets delivered the
standard_html_header also gets included, so there are 2 headers.

However, if a user is trying to access a document inside a folder that
needs authorization, the user is unable to retrieve the
standard_html_header, so they get an ugly page, lacking all of the
header content

I thought I would resolve this by adding the contents of the
standard_html_header and footer to the docLogin, and then putting a
special hack in standard_error_message that checks for a LoginRequired
Exception, and skips the inclusion of the standard_html_header if
serving the docLogin.  However, as soon as I replace the top of the
docLogin property of the UserDb, instead of sending the docLogin form,
it raises the Unauthorized exception, which results in a
username/password dialog box from netscape.  With the header, by
docLogin ends up being about 4200 bytes.  Is there maybe a 4096bytes
limit on the docLogin property?

Has anyone else solved this problem?  If so how.  Please cc my own email
account with your response.

--sam

--
Sam Gendler