[Zope] call SQL method

Jim Sanford jsanford@atinucleus.com
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 12:19:45 -0600

The variables should already be available to the ZSQL method within the REQUEST object. They would have been sent back by the form
when SUBMITted. Additionally, <dtml-sqlvar ...> should be used instead of <dtml-var ...>.

Your code should read:

        INSERT INTO Registos
        (nome, apelido, morada, localidade, casa, telemovel, data_nasc)
        VALUES
        ('<dtml-sqlvar fname type=string>,
        <dtml-sqlvar lname type=string>,
        <dtml-sqlvar "address + ' ' +fzip+ '-' +restzip" type=string>,
        <dtml-sqlvar localzip type=string>,
        <dtml-sqlvar home_phone type=string>,
        <dtml-sqlvar cel_phone type=string>
        <dtml-sqlvar data_nasc type=string>
        )

This is assuming that all the fields are character type fields ( Even though you didn't have single quotes around  a couple of
them - phone numbers should normally be stored as strings and not as numerics.)

              Jim Sanford
      .       Database/Web Engineer
     / \  /   Accelerated Technology, Inc.
    /   /     720 Oak Circle Drive East
   /  /  \    Mobile, AL 36609
  / /     \   Voice: 334-661-5770  fax: 334-661-5788
 /         \  E-Mail: jsanford@atinucleus.com
              Web: http://www.atinucleus.com

 Source Code, No Royalties, Any CPU...It just make sense !