[Zope] Creating a Folderish class in Python Product

Shalabh Chaturvedi shalabh@pspl.co.in
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 00:23:04 +0530

Hi all,

I am creating a new product with one class - called ProjectFolder - which needs
to be 'folderish'.

So I derive my class ProjectFolder from ObjectManger and after restarting Zope
I am able to create objects of class ProjectFolder.

The problem is when I add any objects under a ProjectFolder object, they get
added under the ProjectFolder's parent! That is, they get added under the
folder which contains the ProjectFolder object and become siblings instead of
children.

Any idea what is going wrong?

I feel that my ProjectFolder objects somehow do not have
full folderish capabilities and the calls for 'add some object(x)' to
ProjectFolder
are getting handled by methods acquired from the parent folder. As a result the
object x gets added under the parent folder. What can I do? For creating
'folderish' classes isn't the ObjectManager base class enough?

Thanks in advance,
Shalabh