[Zope] Zope and FreeBSD

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@mail.theinternet.com.au
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 08:42:38 +1000 (EST)

+----[ R. David Murray ]---------------------------------------------
| On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Oleg Broytmann wrote:
| > > Quick question: anyone come across any issues/problems with
| > > installing/running Zope on FreeBSD (or a BSD generally for that matter?)
| >
| >    You must have python compiled with threading, sha and parser modules
| > (sometimes these aren't available in ports)...
|
| According to my notes, on FreeBSD 3.1 I installed Python using the
| port and everything needed was already enabled.

If you don't want the port to download and compile X, you'll need
to turn off tk support...

cd /usr/ports/lang/python
WITH_TK=NO ; export WITH_TK
make && make install

I've just built two servers for this in two days, it works like a charm.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|  P:+61 7 3870 0066   | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  F:+61 7 3870 4477   |