[Zope] Blocking download of files...

Jim Sanford jsanford@atinucleus.com
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 17:32:16 -0600

Why do you want to force them to read it in their browser? I personally cannot stand doing that. I prefer to download PDFs then open
them outside of IE.

Many Windows systems with minimal memory often choke when you try to open another application such as Word or Excel or Acrobat
reader within IE, especially if you have a couple of other apps already running. I also occasionally have trouble printing from a
PDF doc opened inside IE - never when opened standalone.

----- Original Message -----
From: Juri Jensen <juri@jones.dk>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2000 5:06 PM
Subject: [Zope] Blocking download of files...

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to block the abillity to download objects of type file (e.g. right-clicking on a file and choose
"Save Link as...")?

I'm asking because I have a site with PDF-files, which I want the users to read through their webbrowser (via the PDF-plugin), but
not to download.

Hope some of you can help...

--
mvh./Best regards