[Zope] comment on posting behavior

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 09:23:36 -0800

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000 18:23:40 -0500
Guy N Hurst <gnhurst@hurstlinks.com> wrote:

> Tom Neff wrote:
>> ...  I strongly urge David and others not to post untested
>> guesses as answers to specific technical questions here - it has
>> the potential to confuse hundreds of readers.  ...

> I second this call!!

Strongly disagreed.

I would much rather have "likely to be correct" answers posted to
the list than no answers posted at all.  If some level of confusion
is the result of that, so be it.  I'm sure the confused (of which
I'm often one) can learn to ignore the "I haven't tested this" posts
if they really need to.

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder@kanga.nu