[Zope] dtml-in appears to mess up the "space"

Kevin Meinert kevn@vrac.iastate.edu
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 15:03:34 -0600

Hello!  I think my question was a little too complex before.  I've
simplified it.
How does dtml-in change the current "space" set by dtml-width.  It
appears that it does, please see my example below.   Hopefully this
is something easy/familiar to you.

=========================
I have this hierarchy:
=========================
- - root
   + squishdot
      - index_html
      + somefolder
      + someOtherFolder
         - somemethod

=========================
This code works: (code is in root/squishdot/index_html)
=========================
<dtml-with somefolder>
   <dtml-with someOtherFolder>
      <dtml-var somemethod>
   </dtml-with>
</dtml-with>

=========================
But this code doesn't:
=========================
<dtml-with somefolder>
  <dtml-in "objectValues(['DTML Method'])">
      <dtml-with someOtherFolder>
           <dtml-var somemethod>
      </dtml-with>
  </dtml-in>
</dtml-with>

I get this error from my Zope server, on the one that doesn't work.
             Error Type: AttributeError
             Error Value: __call__

I read in the manual that dtml-in changes some variables, but I can't
figure out how to get around it, and I can't find anything in the
manual.  (FYI: I did RTFM)

I appreciate any insight,
Kevin Meinert