[Zope] Options for handling concurrency?

tony tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 07:17:06 +0000

Hi all,
One of my Zope sites is used by classes of students - up to 60 or so at a
time. When they use the site the response time is really slow - they could
be waiting minutes between clicks. The site uses ZSQL methods *extensively*
and external methods. I realise that part of this problem is because of our
Sun iron (2400 pystones - my *iMac* does 4400, and a PIII 500MHz does 5500),
but as I can't get this site onto another box in the near future, I'm after
other ideas.

Can anyone give me some pointers (even just rule of thumb) to improve the
response time? I was going to set the threads to be something like 32, but
I've read other posts suggesting that wouldn't help too much. Is there
someway I can profile what's going on for example?

Any thought gratefully received.
tone