[Zope] Fourth request for help - Win2K+Zope

Michael Simcich msimcich@accesstools.com
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 00:22:24 -0800

Platform - I didn't mean OS, I meant a better development platform than
Zope. I don't intend to use Win2K for serving Zope except during the
learning curve period. I just don't need to wade into Linux 100% at the same
time, that can wait.

Michael Simcich
AccessTools

-----Original Message-----
From: ucntcme [mailto:ucntcme]On Behalf Of Bill Anderson
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2000 8:08 PM
To: Michael Simcich
Subject: Re: [Zope] Fourth request for help - Win2K+Zope

Michael Simcich wrote:

> I wonder what it takes to get some assistance with this issue? I have to
> assume that none of my peer Zope users out there knows what to do with my
> problem (Zope doesn't run under Windows 2000 as detailed in previous
posts).
> So what do you all recommend that I try next? As far as I know this list
is
> about it for peer level support so is my only alternative to see if DC is
> willing to enter into the smallest support contract ever seen?
>
> Sorry for the repetitive posts, but I need to get this thing working.
Unless
> someone can point me to a better platform <g>.

<cough> Linux <cough>
:)

I don't use w2k, so take this with a teaspoon of salt (I have used NT,
etc, just not w2k). I would check your python installation, and possibly
a resintall of w2k, if it is an option. If you didn't compile Zope form
the source, try that. Beyond that, your guess is probably better than
mine ;)

Bill

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.