[Zope] Editing "lines" properties via DTML

Cornelis J. de Brabander brabander@fsw.leidenuniv.nl
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 11:24:48 +0100

    -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
    Van: Suneel Iyer <suneeli@pacsg.css.mot.com>
    Aan: zope <Zope@zope.org>
    Datum: vrijdag 25 februari 2000 23:49
    Onderwerp: [Zope] Editing "lines" properties via DTML

    Hi all,
    I have an object with a property of type "lines". It currently contains
several line values. Is there a way to edit this object's "lines" property
values from within a DTML method? I want to delete all the existing line
values and repopulate the property with new line values. I have tried to get
to the individual line values iteratively
    via <dtml-in>. In this way, I am able to access the individual line
values but can't change them. I have also tried many variations of the
"manage_changeProperties" and "manage_delProperties" methods on the object
itself to try and achieve this.  They have failed. Maybe I'm missing
something simple. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Basically you'r doing the right thing, need your code  to see what causes
your problem. Here's a peace of code that actually works

<dtml-if inschrijvers>
 <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('lijst', deelnemers)">
 <dtml-in inschrijvers>
     <dtml-call "lijst.append(_['sequence-item'])">
 </dtml-in>
 <dtml-call "manage_changeProperties(deelnemers=lijst)">
</dtml-if>

'inschrijvers' and 'deelnemers' are both lines properties. 'Lijst' is a
temporary list. The lines from 'inschrijvers' are transfered to the
'deelnemers'. Changes are made permanent by the manage_changeProperties
method.