[Zope] Again: manage_afterAdd

Tom Deprez tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 19:03:33 +0100

>> I've a class with a property myparent
>> This property needs to be set after a new instance is added or when the
>> instance is moved.
>>
>> Thanks to people from the list, I know I've to make an external method and
>> add the external method manage_afterAdd to the methods of the class.
>>
>> This is how the method looks:
>>
>> def manage_afterAdd(self,item,container):
>>     item.myparent=container.id
>>     return
>
>This is a ZClass, right?
>
>It should be:
>
>   item.propertysheets.YourPropsheet.manage_changeProperties({'myparent' :
>container.id})
>
>Kevin

Yes, it's a ZClass with in it's method's tab an external method called :
'manage_afterAdd'

The external method itself is python code (see source above)

The intention of this method is that it sets the  'myparent' property to a
value (dependend on its parent) when an instance of the ZClass is created
or when the instance is moved.

The problem is that nothing happens! 'myparent' property keeps empty. I
also don't get an error value...

:-( urgh, really frustrating... I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I
don't know where to look for the problem :-(((

Tom.