[Zope] Check internal link consistency (aka linkbot)?

Julian Melville jmelvill@scu.edu.au
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 13:12:30 +1100

> Of course one could run a bot on the published site - but that seems to be
> a bit inefficient?

It seems to me that it would be best to run linkbots on the published site.
There are so many factors involved in Zope publishing a page such as
acquisition and different security roles, that the best test of a site is
the published result in some kind of browser/bot.

If the site has cookie-based authentication or uses the <dtml-tree> tag a
great deal for critical stuff then I guess you may have problems with
cookies unless you have a fairly smart linkbot.

If load is a problem maybe you have to slow the bot down a bit - most of
them have rules or settings to prevent them loading down a server with
requests.

Julian.

Julian Melville (jmelvill@scu.edu.au)
http://multimedia.scu.edu.au/~jmelvill/
School of Multimedia & Information Technology
Southern Cross University

ASCILITE 2000 is at Southern Cross University!
http://multimedia.scu.edu.au/ascilite2000/