[Zope] Help Installing Zope Products

Kevin Teague kteague@stormix.com
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 19:16:29 -0800

> > I'm starting to play with zope and I'm running into problems when
> > installing "products." More specifically I'm trying to install Squishdot
> > following the instructions in the distribution. Basically, I untar the
> > files under zope root's directory (/var/lib/zope in Debian GNU/Linux
> > which is the platform I use) and then I restart the server. I'm supposed
> > to see the products right there or under "Product Management" but I see
> > nothing.
> >
> > I managed to install ZPhotoAlbum because it comes with a .zexp file that
> > allowed me to import the product into zope (I copied this file to
> > /var/lib/zope/imports). But Squishdot doesn't have this.
>
> You should untar it into /usr/lib/zope/ on Debian.

If you are running Potato (or Woody) versions of Debian than you can
install Squishdot by typing (as root):

apt-get install squishdot

Which will install not only Squishdot (version 0.3.2), but TinyTable as
well.

There is also How-To on how to create Debian Packages from Zope Products
where you can get more Zope Products in .deb format:

http://www.zope.org/Members/vernier/debian

--
  Kevin Teague
  iBuilder