[Zope] ZClass

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 12:52:45 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pedro Silva" <psilva@ruido-visual.pt>
To: "Zope - Questions" <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 29, 2000 11:08 AM
Subject: [Zope] ZClass

> What I'm doing is some kind of a addressBook. It would show a form for the
> user fill the fields with the name and surname, the address, the zip code,
> the city, the home phone, the celular phone and the birthday date. When
the
> user puch the Add button it should send the information to a DataBase. The
> one that I'm using is the Gadfly database, but I'm having some problems to
> create the table, because I already create one but I can't delete that
one,
> but its ok. Another problem that I'm having is that I can't insert the
data
> from the fields in the table, so I can't list the records that are in the
> table to the user could see who is in.
>
> Do you think that Z Class would help to solve my problem? If so, how?

Generally, you'll create a ZClass when you are trying to store information
in the ZODB, not an external database. (Though there is certainly no reason
why you couldn't create a ZClass to store info in an RDB).

I don't know about your data access problems, but you could always store the
information you want in a propertysheet of the ZClass (as talked about in
the ZClasses tutorial).

It's up to you whether you want to try to debug your database access issues
and store the data there, or if you want to store the info in the ZClass
(the same way the tutorial does for CDs)

Kevin