[Zope] Different Login Screens for Management and User?

James W. Howe jwh@allencreek.com
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 13:06:44 -0500

In creating my web site, I'm planning on limiting access to certain
portions of the site to registered users.  When a user attempts to "view"
these areas, if they haven't logged in, I want to display a login page and
get their name and password.  I also want to provide a way for the web site
management team to login and perform management activities.  I would like
to present a different login screen (maybe just a basic auth dialog) to
allow access to management functions.  I've been playing around a little
with GUF, but I haven't found a way to present two different login screens
based on the type of page being accessed.  Is this type of functionality
possible with Zope?  Would the LoginManager allow for this sort of thing?

Thanks.

James W. Howe				mailto:jwh@allencreek.com
Allen Creek Software, Inc.		pgpkey: http://ic.net/~jwh/pgpkey.html
Ann Arbor, MI  48103