[Zope] (hopefully)last GUF question: authentication but no permission

Lucas Vogel lucas7@home.com
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 20:46:41 +0700

I think I finally have it!

My GUF prompts me with a login prompt that asks for a username and
pasword(I would rather use the docLogin, but for some reason it doesn't.
?) I type in a valid username and password, it validates it with the
database, and I get this in my console:

2000-02-29T13:41:35 INFO(0) GUF Successful authentication for user
august (http://vogel.fdns.net:8080/aspire/models/acl_users)

But I get a message box back from Netscape, saying 'Authorization
failed. Retry?'. When I press cancel, it says:

   Zope Error

              Zope has encountered an error while publishing this
resource.

              Unauthorized

              You are not authorized to access docLoginSuccess.

My user is grouped as 'Authoriser', which is the same proxy name that
has permissions to Login and logout, access contents information, and
Use Database Methods for just about everything in the acl_users
directory, which is also where my SQL Methods are. Authoriser has those
permissions from the root down; why isn't it authenticating?

Thanks
--
Lucas Vogel
lucas7@home.com