[Zope] aq_explicit

Kent Polk kent@goathill.org
4 Jan 2000 20:10:40 GMT

What is the status of aq_explict and Zope 2.0.1 ?

>  - There is a new attribute, aq_explict that converts an implicit
>    (or any other) wrapper to an explicit wrapper.  This means that
>    you can get a  version of an object that does not implicitly acquire.
>    For example to see if an object has an unacquired attribute, foo,
>    you'll be able to:
>
>      <!--#if "_.hasattr(anObject.aq_explicit, 'foo')"-->

aq_explicit does not prevent acquisition with all objects I've
tried. With the above example, if 'foo' is not in the current
folder, yet is in the parent folder, the example still succeeds.
I.e. there is no difference in behavior with or without aq_explicit.

Same holds true for <dtml-with aq_explicit>

Am I misinterpreting the purpose of aq_explicit?