[Zope] Setting session data based on IP address?

Wed, 05 Jan 2000 11:02:18 +1100

>>> Timothy Grant wrote
> As I have been working on this project, I have come across a situation
> where it might be nice to automatically set some session information
> based on the location of the user. (This app will be used across three
> different locations).

You need to think about what 'location' means. Does it mean 'the address
of the user'? Does it mean 'the reverse lookup (or part thereof) of
the IP address of the user'? Could you instead do it with multiple
CNAMEs pointing at the zope server, then do it by looking at HTTP_HOST?
(eg www.loc1.yourcompany.com, www.loc2.yourcompany.com, ...)

> My first thought was using IP address, but there is a good chance that
> at least one of the locations will be using a dial up account. Is there
> an invisible way of doing this?

It depends on the value of 'this' really :)

Anthony