[Zope] Has this been done?

Wed, 05 Jan 2000 15:06:59 +1100

>>> Jack Ungerleider wrote
> docs that are obvious and can't find anything in the way of one-to-one
> (e-mail) messaging being done within the Zope environment.
>
> Has this been done? If so where can I find the code? If not do people think
> I'm barking up the wrong tree with this? Or does it sound interesting? My
> intent is to facilitate form based workflow applications that I think Zope
> (possibly with some XML) can do well.

Sure - if nowhere else, NotMail2 certainly does email (it's a Zope-based
mail user agent.)

I've also got a SendMailTask in my workflow code. When it's preconditions
are true, it sends a piece of email to the specified person (or to the email
address(es) in whatever variable - it's just DTML) and then automatically
goes to state 'complete'.

Anthony