[Zope] (Win98) Working offline ...

Darran Edmundson Darran.Edmundson@anu.edu.au
Wed, 05 Jan 2000 18:37:17 +1100

I recently installed Zope on my home machine (running
Win98 rather than Linux to appease my partner) which
has a modem connection (dial-up adaptor) to my ISP but
no network card.  If I start the ZServer while working
online, it correctly globs my dynamic IP.  However,
started offline it runs as localhost on IP 127.0.0.1
Starting Internet explorer and pointing to
http://127.0.0.1, IE complains that it can't reach this
URL while working offline.

Is there anyway around this "problem" or do I need to
install a network card simply to handle the loopback?
I really would like to develop for Zope at home without
starting a needless internet connection.  Any advice
is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Darran.