[Zope] User folders and roles in Zope 2.0.0

Robert Wittams robertw@aurora.uk.insnet.net
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 10:00:56 +0000 (GMT)

I'm using the debian package of zope. This is a bit old, for unknown
reasons - it seems to be version 2.0.0.

Anyway, I want to have a role to manage users. I made a role, at the root
of the hierarchy, to do this, called usermanager. I gave it the ability to
manage users, view management screens, etc. I made a test user to try this
out. When I look at the user folder using this user, I do not have the
ability to manage users. ( manage_main)

Just to test things out, I gave the usermanager role all the permissions,
on the root, and in case acquisition wasn't working, on the user folder.
This *still* didn't allow me to access the user folder and manage users.
Eventually, I gave the test user a local role of manager. This finally
worked.

Is this known behaviour? Is it fixed in a later version of Zope? It is
extremely non-intuitive, to say the least.

Rob