[Zope] UPDATE: Apache + ZServer complete solution

tonyr@ep.newtimes.com tonyr@ep.newtimes.com
Wed, 05 Jan 2000 10:15:17 -0700

anser wrote:

> Thanks to Evan Simpson (author of SiteAccess), I now have a complete working
> solution for embedding ZServer behind Apache, allowing all or part of a
> website to run with fast, multithreaded Zope content while other legacy
> content and configurations are unaffected.
>
>         http://www.zope.org/Members/anser/apache_zserver/
>
> Enjoy, and as always I welcome suggestions and comments.

Have you attempted to use ZDiscussion or other ZCatalog Aware ZClasses on your
site.  I ask because we have attempted to use SiteAccess and have found that
entries in a Catalog entered via a VirtualHost appear to store their reference
incorrectly somehow, and when a search is done for what the objects are via the
children() or posts() methods we get erroneous references.  Have you seen any
such problems.

We really would like to be using SiteAccess or some such VirtualHosting product
to get our sites fronted by Apache.  Any ideas would be great.

--
tonyr@ep.newtimes.com