[Zope] Re: Proxy Authentication Required

anser anser@pobox.com
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 17:46:30 -0500

Mike Mikkelsen <mikk@microbsys.com> wrote:
> I just tried to setup apache-zserver according to the new How-To by anser
and
> have run into a "small" problem.  As soon as I setup the SiteRoot object
in the
> new virtual host folder, I get the browser error:
>
> Proxy Authentication Required
> This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the
document requested.
> Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your
browser doesn't
> understand how to supply the credentials required.
>
> Even after restarting my browser (and Zope) I get this message.  I have
deleted
> the Zope folder for the virtual site and started over to no avail.

I suspect that you may be using a CLIENT proxy (configured in your Netscape
or MSIE setup) which has the Zope document cached.  Or that you may have
some additional authentication configured into your Apache that interferes
with the ProxyPass directive!  You should not impose Apache authentication
on the subtree that's ProxyPassed back to the ZServer - let Zope handle
that.