[Zope] users other than superuser cannot add class instances of my product

Jan Stohner stohner@drze.de
Thu, 06 Jan 2000 17:42:44 +0100

Hello,

i have the following problem: I created a ZClass within a Product, strictly
following the "Zope Developer's Guide (ZDG)". The Product is as simple as
the CDProduct mentioned in the ZDG. The Product works for me, the
superuser. I can add Instances, manage properties, delete instances and so
on. The Product is called "LinkProduct", the ZClass "LinkClass", meta_type
"Link".

Next i created new folder, a new user account in it, defined a role and
added the user to the role. I gave the permisson to "Add Documents, Images,
and Files" and the user (role) is able to add these.

Now the problem: I gave the Permission "Add Links" to the user (role) and
the user can chosse my Class from the "Available Objects" Selection. If he
clicks "Add", the Browser ask for a password and the error follwing
exception occurs:

  Unauthorized
  You are not authorized to access this resource.
  Username and password are not correct.
  Traceback (innermost last):
    File /usr/local/Zope-2.1.2-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
214, in publish_module
    File /usr/local/Zope-2.1.2-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
179, in publish
    File /usr/local/Zope-2.1.2-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
151, in publish
    File /usr/local/Zope-2.1.2-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py,
line 442, in traverse
    File /usr/local/Zope-2.1.2-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py,
line 551, in unauthorized
  Unauthorized: (see above)

Can anyone help me? What goes wrong and which permission is missing?
Thanks for your help.

Please note that the Product seems to work, also giving permissions to the
user (role) works: With "Add External Methods" the user can add them. Why
can't he add my Product with the "Add Links" permission?

Jan

P.S.: I tried my running Zope 2.0.1 and a new 2.1.2 installation, both from
source with Linux 2.2.12 and Python 1.5.2
--
Dipl.-Inform. Jan Stohner ------------------ stohner@drze.de
Deutsches Referenzzentrum für Ethik in den Biowissenschaften