[Zope] How do I index documents containing accents with ZCata log?

Farzad Farid farzy@via.ecp.fr
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 18:18:57 +0100

On Thu, Jan 06, 2000, Michel Pelletier wrote:

> >  Now I have to figure out how to search on partial words :)
>
> Partial searching is not yet implimented, I am actually working on that
> as we speak.  It will be a later Zope feature.

Does this mean that the ZCatalog search engine is still missing some
of the functionnalities you can find on a search engine like htdig?
Another locale-related important feature is the ability to do searches
ignoring the difference between accented and non accented
letters. Suppose a document contains the word "édition", by typing
"edition" I should be able to find the document, and vice versa. I
tried and this feature does not seem to work right now.

And is the ZCatalog implementation scalable? What happens if I try to
index and search on a site containing hundreds of thousands of
documents? Are the programs optimized not to use hundreds of Megs of
memory? I've had a bad experience with swish++ which didn't scale when
indexing 500000 text documents, it tried to use as much memory as it
could allocate...
On the other side htdig is well optimized from this point of view.

 Regards

--
Farzad FARID <farzy@via.ecp.fr>
Ingénieur Informatique Libre