[Zope] is it possible to add numerical comparison test to dtml-in statement ? statement ?

chas panda@skinnyhippo.com
Sun, 09 Jan 2000 02:31:49 +0800

When looping over ZClass instances in a dtml-in statement,
I have constantly wanted to add a numerical test condition
(eg. "where X > 12" where X is a property of the instance)

This applies either using objectValues() to loop over the
ZClass instances, or using the ZCatalog. Either way, I end
up using something a little retarded like this :

<dtml-in "objectValues(['MyClass'])" sort=Points>
    <dtml-if "Points > 12">
    </dtml-if>
</dtml-in>

or

<dtml-in "Catalog({'meta_type': 'MyClass'})" sort=Points>
    <dtml-if "Points > 12">
    </dtml-if>
</dtml-in>

Either way, it's not ideal b/c it means looping unnecessarily
and also, it means that I can't use the very convenient Zope
"next/previous" (with a query_start) for long listings.

There must be an easy way of incorporating this into the dtml-in
statement and I'm ready to eat some humble pie on this one : is
it possible ?

Mouth wide open,

chas