[Zope] User Authentication

Borno Janekovic Borno.Janekovic@gmx.de
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 15:56:05 +0100 (MET)

My Problem:

 I want to do an UserAuthentication against a Database. I want the
 Users to set up their own accounts with parameters.
 1. Should I do it with the Zope User Mechanism? And if I choose this
 how can I implement that.

 2. Or should I do it with my own User Database authentisation.	And how
 can I do it that way?

I tyed 2.)
 I did a login screen. There the User can input his
 login and pwd. Both are checked against the DB. And
 I know if the user is valid or not. But what do I need
 to do than. I tryed:

 <dtml-if "pwd==xpwd">
      <dtml-call
"REQUEST.set('AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUser()','vinox_user')">

	  or without the ".getUser()" but it didn't worked.

 And I tryed to logout the User with setting back the
 <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUser()','Anonymous
User')">

 Any solutions?

Borno Janekovic
borno.janekovic@gmx.de