[Zope] Advanced search with ZCatalog

Markus Strickler mstrickler@gmx.de
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 01:07:40 +0100

Hi!
I have a ZClass with several properties defined and indexed. Now I want to
perform a search where the search term is matched against any of the
properties. (So if I have say a title, summary and body property and my
query term is "Test" any ZClass with Test in either title, summary ord body
should be returned.)
I've found some hints on this in the advanced search howto, that suggests
performing multiple searches (one on each property) and concatenating the
results. This seems rather clumsy and I wonder if there is any other
possibility?
Is there any documentation of the Catalog object? Can
Catalog.searchResults() be of any use in this, and if so what's the meaning
of its parameters?

Regards, Markus