[Zope] Zope capabilities

Bill Barnes bbarnes@operamail.com
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 05:50:14 GMT

 Hello anyone:

 My plan for my manufacturing client of 10-20 nodes was to use Linux as a
 server to  Applixware clients coupled to Sybase.
 Am I to understand that I can use Zope to put an extensive library of
applications (accounting, order entry, inventory, etc)
 on my website that will be available to my client's enterprise, and,
better yet, available to  other clients, as well.
What about performance?  Will the database be on my client's hardware
or on my website?
Reviewing the installations list, I didn't see anything that approached
enterprise class operations.  Is the system that robust?

 Thanks for your comments. I will continue exploring the site with a high
sense of excitement.

 Bill Barnes