[Zope] Internal server error

Tad Murphy murphyt@cybertad.com
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 01:32:02 -0600

Although I can't comment on the original message, because I simply don't
understand what could be causing the intermitted Internal Server Errors
other than a corrupt ZODB (have you looked in the Utilities directory.
Running bbb.py might give you some insight into what is causing the problem
if it is a ZODB problem), I can say that I have experienced this when
accessing a non-existent object via XML-RPC on a Zope installation running
ZServer and NOT an external HTTP server.

Basically, I misspelled the object I was trying to request and it sent back
an error formed something like:

Internal Server Error(404 Not Found)

Or something to that effect... which seems to me that either two errors are
somehow occurring and combining (an examination of the ZServer code says
that this shouldn't happen and a general knowledge of HTTP servers also
supports that theory) or something else is going on... duh!

Now, when I access the same misspelled object via an HTTP client, I get the
Zope error screen and just a 404 error.

I just thought I would contribute and let people know that it's not just
happening with external servers and to see if anyone knows why this error
occurs under XML-RPC.

Peace,

Tad