[Zope] Zope and Data Entry

Jim Sanford jsanford@atinucleus.com
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 10:42:43 -0600

The way I do this:

I have a table called lookups that is essentially a dictionary with key-value pairs grouped according to category.

For Example:

category=animals  lookup=12  value=cat
category=animals  lookup=14  value=dog
category=animals  lookup=18  value=mouse

sql statement "anilookup":

select lookup,value from lookups where category='animals' order by value

In your form:   (field name in data table (not lookup) is anichoice)

<dtml-in SqlSelectForCurrentDataRecord>
<select name="anichoice" size =1>
<option value=0 <dtml-if "anichoice==0">selected</dtml-in>>None Selected</option>
<dtml-in anilookup>
<option value="<dtml-var lookup>" <dtml-if "anichoice==lookup">selected</dtml-in>><dtml-var value></option>
</dtml-in>
</select>
</dtml-in>

              Jim Sanford
      .       Database Engineer
     / \  /   Accelerated Technology, Inc.
    /   /     720 Oak Circle Drive East
   /  /  \    Mobile, AL 36609
  / /     \   Voice: 334-661-5770  fax: 334-661-5788
 /         \  E-Mail: jsanford@atinucleus.com
              Web: http://www.atinucleus.com

 Source Code, No Royalties, Any CPU...It just make sense !